Hello! I’m a computer programmer, sewist, editor, and writer based in New York City.
I’m a senior full stack engineer at Vox Media working on Chorus. In the past I’ve made iOS apps for publications like The Awl and the London Review of Books at 29th Street Publishing. In 2017, I was selected as a technologist for Rhizome’s Seven on Seven at the New Museum, for which I built a very specialized CMS.
I sew all of my own clothes. You can read a statement about my sewing practice here.
I’ve worked as an editor at The Morning News, where for almost a decade I was the producer of the Tournament of Books. In the past I’ve also been an assistant editor at Food52.
My primary beats are technology, food/cooking/farming, contemporary art, and wherever any of them intersect. (Caveat: many of the following links are forever lost to time and web servers.)
Emily Books (2011)
Girl Crush Zine (2011)
Gourmet Live (2011)
Lucky Peach Issue Four (2012)
Study Hall Years in Review (2015)
Taste Cooking (2019)
The Atlantic (2009–10)
The Awl (2010)
The Billfold (2014)
The Hairpin (2010)
The Morning News (2008–18)
- New York Elsewhere, New York neighborhood parallels around the world
- Home for the Holiday Tech Support, roundtable on tech writers and family technology troubleshooting
- My Pie Town, interview with Debbie Grossman
- To Make the Mouth Water, roundtable on food styling and photography
- And Fay, interview with William Wegman
- This Illuminated American Life, interview with Sandow Birk
- The Dead, interview with Jack Burman
- Ghosts of Shopping Past, interview with Brian Ulrich
- The Babysitter
- The Young Women of Tehran, interview with Saghar Daeeri
- Men at Their Most Masculine, interview with Chad States
- Oil, interview with Edward Burtynsky
- One Spring Day
- Love, Lives, and Online Dating, roundtable on e-dating
- and more